I'm finally done with this guy! He came out to be a freakishly adorable woodland baby elf that's somewhat of a tribal cannibal...
Gave him base color coats with acrylics. I was a little dubious about using green...didn't want him looking like peter pan but in the end it worked well. I also gave him some rosy cheeks, palms and eyelids before applying the black wash.
I was actually a bit worried that all the bumps and imperfections of his skin might end up making him look absolutely fugly once the i added the blackwash so i used a fine grit sandpaper to get rid of some.
Above is the log pre black wash...and below is the finished product in his natural habitat.
Black wash can either mess it all up and makes you repaint or it can give the project the awesomeness it needs so I was so glad that the blackwash didn't f it all up. Previously i had done some extra bead and dyed string when i did my shrunken heads so i dug that up and made this guy a necklace. The beads were made out of my homemade paper clay and then dyed with diluted acrylics and coffee; same with the string.
Somehow i ended up giving him some tribalish face paint, eyeliner, and small little earrings. Ended up being such a cute little guy!
This is Vipin. He is an adorable baby elf that dwells in the forest. He may look cute and all but he is quite the deceiver since he loves to feast on human fingers and nibble on peoples ears.
I started this project some time ago...After seeing a couple of tutorials on how to age paper, i simply had to try it; so i decided to make wanted posters for the Straw Hat Crew along with Ace. So in order to do this i needed to print wanted posters that had a white background; however i couldn't find any online, so i made my posters on photoshop. Did my best to replicate it, in terms of fonts, layout, images, etc. Printed with laser in 8.5 x 11
First I worked on a couple of test pieces. Used a combination of tea (tea bags), coffee, and diluted acrylics for my dye.
A piece of glass works perfectly to keep the paper from curling. (I simply got a frame from a dollar store) Next, with a piece of cloth (or sponge) I doused the poster with the dye i created. I let it set for a couple of minutes and then gave it a couple of droplets over in order to create slight variations in color.
After the dye has been mostly absorbed, meaning its still damp, i took a piece of wire and proceeded to tear the edges.
Since this is Fire Fist Ace I went with giving his poster a little fire. People that know the One Piece series would know that the bounty for Ace is unknown, so i strategically burned that part off and i simply say that this wanted poster was one found in the Marine Headquarters, and that it was burned by the flames of Ace himself during the tragic War of the Best.
So far i have these other four done and the rest of the crew is still sitting around..somewhere...hopefully i will get to them sometime soon!