And here's the last images of this fantastic project!
To get the covers to pivot about the rod more freely I went on to loosen the circular areas a bit more with a scrap piece of the same rod size. Once they were loosened a bit, the rod went thru smoothly and the covers opened up quite nicely! The second rounded end piece was then glued on permanently.
Using the same micro suede I cut out two long rectangular pieces that would cover the hinge area. I glued these back to back so the suede would show up on both sides where it would be visible. Next, I had to cut the page signatures I had already done in half. The cut thread areas were dabbed with super glue to avoid the pages from un-stitching...
Thank You for viewing and go out there and create something!