BookCraft (TomeCraft) 11 Final

First post of this new year! It finally hit me, now with the holidays over, that i haven't done nor started any of the things i had planned to do during this break...but i finally mustered enough will to at least get this post done with! So here are the finals of the two tomes i had in progress:
For Tome 5 out of the 10 planned i decided to go with yellow. The image below shows the book pre-black wash. Previous progress on this guy, you can see HERE
 And finally, here it is post-black wash and staged! This tome features the illusion of wrap around scales on the faces of the front and back covers...
I gave the spine a bit of and old world book spine...
 My dragon logo, i made to be cut out from the 'metallic' piece you see below...
 This tome i shall name and now present to thee as IVARR!
 Ivarr also features dried up blotches of an unknown liquid that fell upon the tome eons ago. The remnants you can see in the image above as well as throughout the rest of the pages...
 Tome 6 out of the planned 10 i went with a light gray as seen in the following image...
Previous progress work on this tome HERE
 And finally below is my 6th tome post-black wash and staged!

 This guy features a 'sewn' spine cover...
 Claws/Teeth at its four corners just like one of the previous tomes...
 This tome, I present to thee as JOKULL!
 Jokull along with Ivarr also show the same wear and stain as the previous four tomes...
So, there! 
2 more tomes down, 4 to get planning!  When will i finish those, I know not...project have a knack of piling up!
I'm hoping i finish or at least get some work done on my cobra/dragon hybrid's stand only. It seems finishing up that project is not going to happen until the summer...

Comments

  1. Found your blog through Propmonicon, I really enjoyed going through your posts. Being a fellow altered bookmaker I appreciated and will "steal" some of your techniques:-) LOVE the dragon scales, very effective, I'll have to show this one to hubby who is at this moment airbrushing a dragon onto the bedroom wall...love this guy!
    I look forward to seeing more in your series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found you through Propnomicon, too. This is brilliant. Thank you for giving us a walk through of how it's done.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts