Monday, January 20, 2014

Draconian Journals 2

Finished the first three a couple of weeks ago and finally getting around to blogging them...After the gesso came the acrylics...
 The top and bottom pieces got a mixed coating of bronze and silver metallic acrylic...added in the tacks...
Blackwashed the covers and then glued in the interior cover linings...



 For the pages on these guys i went with piling them up together and then used a dremel tool to stand off the edges. Then i went on to staining them with a diluted mix of coffee and acrylics...
 Then came the fun sowing time! Once again used the coptic stitch...
Book 1:




 Book 2:




 Book 3:




This concluded the first three draconian journals. Next would be process for the other three and their final ...In the meantime these three are listed at my etsy shop...and i just realized its the first post of the year!

1 comment:

  1. Been going through all your books to help get ideas and tips for building mine. Love them all. Great job!

    ReplyDelete