Sunday, May 4, 2014

Custom Tome Final

After the quick blackwash came adding darker bits in between the cardboard pieces on the frame and around the fasteners...

 Using diluted black acrylic i stained a page to be used for the interior lining of the book covers...
 Somewhere in between the making of the covers came the staining of the pages.. This book would have a total of 40 sheets that when folded will make the 80 pages of 50lbs paper...
 These were stained using various mixture of diluted coffee and acrylics...

 Once dry I went on to pierce them using a needle tool...
 the holes would line up with the gaps in between the frame pieces...
 The desired designs were then burned onto the wood pieces...
 And then they were glued down...The book mark was made using some of the various trinkets I've been hoarding around. The bookmarks chain was attached to he stitching on the spine with a red gem at its opposite end...and this one ended up getting coptic stitched together...
 And finally it is done and nicely staged!

To the fastened side of the bookmark i went on to add a small gear and a couple metal rings alike those attached to the red gem...








 Rear View:
 Rear view Close up:
 First page:

 Two different chains were used for the bookmark. These were fastened together using a small gear alike the other gear used at the spine...


 On the back cover you can find my stamping...


And just like that, this guy is done!

2 comments: