Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Bioshock Subject Delta - Part 2

Next couple of steps for this guy! Here go!
Covered the exterior with a layer of fiberglass resin. Added the cloth and fiberglass resin on the inside for a more reinforcement...
 The foamcore back pieces were glued on before the cloth and resin was placed in...

 Tested out the tanks...
 More work on the tanks! Addons were made of craft foam of different thicknesses and cardboard. Foam was then sealed with a mixture of white glue and a bit of flour...
 Nicks and scratches were burned in using a wood burner....
 The blue strips of foam were previously marked and punctured before they were glued in place. Once I added a couple layers of white glue these were slightly filled in so all they needed was one last puncture using a needle tool...
 The end of thumb tacks were cut off...
 Then hot glued in place...
 For the top pieces, I went with bottle caps of different sizes...Glued in scrap foam board inside to give it something else to latch on to....
 Glued those at the top centers...
 And with that these guys are almost ready!
 The fun part of filling and sanding arrived for this guy! Filled in with bondo's lightweight body filler
 And more sanding, filling, and sanding again....
Once the top part was smooth enough I added in the top piece which was made out of foam core and cardboard...
 Back side of this piece was given a layer of cloth and resin. This area would later get some body filler to smooth it out...
 A lot of sanding later this guy was ready to start marking up and working on the next couple of addons...
 More addons on this top piece...
And the next steps will come later!

No comments:

Post a Comment