Sunday, November 8, 2015

Bioshock Subject Delta Part 3

So this guy is already done! but I haven't had the chance to post up any updates lately...Here's another bit on the progress:
 For the rim of the helmet i went with using scrap felt pieces wrapped over craft foam to give the rim some thickness...
Once this was dry I gave it a couple coats of white glue for firmness...
 Over on the face opening, I cut a circular piece out of thin plywood to create a smoother curvature. This was then glued on and any gaps were filled in with wood filler...sanded down...
 The craft foam that was used for addons (black above and blue in images below) was given a couple coats of white glue mixed in with a bit of flour (for a bit of texture)

 For the air hose's going form the tanks to the helmet, I went with the flexible conduit used for running cables thru them...
 The tank end was permanently attached to the tanks. I punched a hole into the tanks, squeezed in the tube so that at least one full ridge got stuck in there...then glued down a piece of craft foam as seen below...
 Over on the ends that would attach to the helmet...These were made to be removable!
 Took a pair of bottle caps, cut out an opening big enough for the flex tube...added a piece of plastic to the last of the ridges to act as a stopper...
 And done! this would allow the cap to twist freely to the helmet without messing with the flex tube and tanks...
 All was painted with a base of black spray paint...
Base of black spray paint...Small holes were drilled into the helmet where the brass tacks would be glued on...Glued on the brass tacks as you can see below...

 Front light pieces were made to unscrew...I left the customer to deal with the lighting part...
 Plastic bottle tops were cut off and glued onto the sides...

With that the helmet piece was finally ready for its final paint coats!
Tanks went first for final paint. A silver metallic for the most part with their tops and bottoms brass!

 The cap ends would attach to the helmet so these ended up going with copper...
They got their blackwash....
 And as a finishing touch i went thru and sanded some of the paint off the tacks to bring back a bit of their brass shine!

Up next would be work on some of the other addons and finally, paint on the actual helmet!

No comments:

Post a Comment