Thursday, December 19, 2013

Costume: Predator 4 (Armor & Helmet)

It's progressing slowly but i finally got around to blackwashing the predator armor pieces i currently have. After these guys got their coat of satin aluminum spray paint i went in to paint some accent areas with a bronze acrylic mix.

And then i punched in some tacks painted with bronze acrylic here and there...

 Proceeded to add velcro and elastic straps where needed...


 the cod pieces, i decided to attach with a piece of velcro so that they retain some movement and at the same time i'm able to detach them easily...

 some more tacks, elastic, and velcro...

 Once all the tacks were in i went on with the blackwashing! in this case, due to the texture of the spray paint a thin black wash wouldnt work on these guys so i went with simply adding a coat of dark gray acrylic over the pieces and quickly wiping it off with napkins...

 And the results were lovely!!! the wash of acrylic made all the lovely imperfections, scratches, dents, and depths pop up!





 very, very, very lovely!
now, for a bit of progress on the mask: i went on to add more filler ...
 I decided to give the top some ridges so i thickened the filler in those areas...
 And after sanding and more sanding i could see where the mask was going...
 Still needs more filling and sanding but it's getting there! ! !

No comments:

Post a Comment