Monday, August 25, 2014

Belt Buckles: Deadpool & DBZ MajinBuu 1

So! With the birthday of a friend coming up i decided to make him a little two somethings. Previously (about two years ago?) i had made a deadpool buckle piece out of polymer clay however it was my first time testing out the clay so its wonderful versatility was something i didn't know of yet!
 The first deadpool buckle was made as a single piece...and came out pretty crappy in terms of craftsmanship!
So this time round i went on and did the buckle piece using a total of four separate polymer pieces. the two larger pieces were baked as simple flat polymer disks. These were later cut down using a brand new x-acto blade. For the smaller eye pieces a smaller flat circle of polymer clay was baked. It was then cut down to the pieces you see below... 
 after cutting down was much as i could i went on to tape the two larger circular pieces together and went on to sand the edges so that they would be as seamless as possible...
 a bit more cutting...
i went on to paint the top piece with red acrylic...
 for the black parts of the deadpool buckle i went with using a black vinyl with a slight texture to it...vinyl was glued down first...
 next came gluing the top red piece...This piece was painted first to avoid getting paint on the black vinyl and it also worked to make sure the red paint completely covered the inner walls of the semicircular areas...
 next up was filling in the edge where the two larger circular pieces met using some spot putty...
 coincidentally the spot putty was red! but regardless of color, it would be painted over...
 Filled in the gap...
 and proceeded to sand the edge...
And now for the Dragon Ball Majin Buu belt buckle! 
 I started with a flattening a ball of polymer clay and cutting it down using the x-acto to form what you see in the above image...Popped that in the oven and proceeded to mark in the signature M
 Cut out the M using the x-acto, sanded the edges and surface...
 filled in with spot putty to fix some of the small imperfections...
 a bit more sanding...

and these two guys are ready for their final painting stage and adding the back metal piece for the belt buckle!

1 comment: