Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Sculpture: Cobra/Dragon hybrid 13

Finally i got around to assembling this baby. I started off by gluing down the tail onto the branch stand by dabbing at the joints with crazy glue and then with white glue...For the head portion i tied it in place and then dabbed some glue in wherever it touched the stand.
 Once i had the two pieces in place i proceeded to add cardboard strips all around the joint...glued on using hot glue...
 Then using some plaster cloth i had left over from a previous project i went on to add it over the cardboard...
 Next I filled in some areas using homemade paper clay and i also added some to where the spine would be as seen in the image below...let that dry...
 I then went on to add the bottom scales which you can see in the last image and, using hot glue, attached the spikes and wrapped them with pieces of cloth dipped in white glue...
 On of the last things to be added were the overlapping scales. These were simply square pieces cut out of a thin cloth that were then folded to form triangles...
 And in the image below you can see the bottom scales (green thick cloth)...
Once it was all dry and done with i went on to add one coat of white glue and now it is ready for its coat of gesso! Next up will be the paint on this addition and maybe, just maybe, the final images for this guy that will, after a year, finally conclude this project!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment