Thursday, July 18, 2013

Traveler Journals Final

After coptic stitching all of these guys i proceeded to thread yarn here and there to the covers and tie beads made of paper clay to some of its ends. And finally I finished off this nice little project and staged it! I ended up giving one of these guys away before i did the lovely staging of it so i just took a couple of quick pictures of it.
Journal 1:
 This journal ended up having a book marker made of yarn an at its end i tied some beads that were made with paper clay and then stained with diluted acrylics...

These bottles did end up fitting nicely in the background once the staging part came... Making of Apothecary Bottles
 They ended up looking lovely. Had an old wooden chest lying around the house that worked perfectly for the background...
Made a quick map which is the one you can see at the bottom. Tutorial for some quick map making can be seen in my previous blogs: Map Part 1 , Map Part 2
Journal 2:
 For this guy i ended up adding stained yarn to the edge along the right side where the two textures met.
 This one also got a book marker made of string and beads at its end...All books ended up laying down nice and flat...With the exception of the first journal the other 4 journals were stamped on the inside of the front cover...


 Yeah, really ended up liking the crisscrossing that this one got...along with the color pallet...
Journal 3: With this one i went with a more simple design and just added yarn to the edges...

 Just like the first two journals, this one got a book marker string as well...


Journal 4: To this guy i left extra string emerging from both sides of the book covers...
 With this extra string i tied it up so that the book can be safely closed and then added some extra beads...

 No book marker but it closes!

 Journal 5: Just like the previous one this one also closes in the same way...



And just like that this project is done and will soon be up for sale at my etsy store! Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment