DBZ Cell: Larval Form 2

More than a year ago I wrote on my to-do list to sculpt Larval Cell and hopefully place it in a water tube. At that time I sketched up some schematics for the water tube and i actually sculpted a quick prototype out of modeling clay.
Reference images and others can be found in my previous post:
Cell: Larval Form 1

So, in the image below you can see the prototype sculpted by using a couple of images taken from the actual anime episodes.
 I started out by crumpling aluminum foil to get the basic shape...

 Once I had the basic shape I started kneading the polymer clay to soften it...this time round i will be using original sculpey...
 I started off by wrapping flat pieces of clay around the foil base...
 Added some more here an there...
 Blended it in...
 Then i realized I needed a support for the tail...So i wrapped a piece of wire to the end of the foil base as seen in the image below...
 Add clay over...smooth it out...
 And then comes adding more to start building up the shape of the fetus...
 more adding and blending...
 more adding and blending...
And you keep that going...I was sculpting this while the weather was a bit too warm to turn on the oven so i paused modeling on this guy...Finally its getting colder so I will be baking its top half first and then i will continue with the legs and tail afterwards...Hopefully i get going with this project because i can't wait till i get to paint it!!

Comments

Popular Posts