Thursday, May 24, 2012

Thing In a Jar: Baby Dragon 2

So, with this guy, I realized it needed some wings. What dragon doesn't have wings??! So here it goes!
I took some pieces of wire...
 wrapped each piece with strips of newspaper that. Gluing it as i was wrapping.
 hot glued the pieces together and then onto the back...
 Slightly made them bend forward...
 Took pieces of a paper towel and stuck them in place over the wings skeleton with white glue diluted in water.
 Let it dry over night and then proceeded to cut the excess paper.
 And finally, i arrived at the painting stage! I went with a light green with slightly darker specs to accentuate some areas and a peachy flesh tone for the wings and belly scales.
 And finally applied the black wash...
 made the spine darker...

Next on this guy (or gal) is waterproofing it with liquid latex. I'm hoping it works well! But first I must find the perfect glass jar to put it in! I had one, but with the addition of the wings it no longer fits...Hopefully I find one soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment